Basic Butter Cream Frosting
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 3 cups sifted Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add one cup of powdered sugar and mix until light and creamy.
- Gradually add remaining powdered sugar alternating with cream or milk. Scrape bowl well. Whip until very light and fluffy. Add vanilla and salt and combine well.
Super Vanilla: Increase the vanilla extract to 1 tablespoon for more of a vanilla flavor.
Cinnamon Frosting: Add 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon with vanilla and salt.
Brown Butter Frosting: Lightly brown butter in heavy skillet before blending with sugar and salt.
I love this recipe.i love to bake too! I have tried many different butter cream frosting recipes and this one is my favorite!