- Blackberry Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups blackberries (if frozen, defrost first)
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9x5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray. Cut a strip of parchment paper long enough to cover the bottom and two ends for easy removal. Coat again with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together buttermilk, egg, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Pour buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients, and stir until combined and smooth. Fold in blackberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool for 15-20 minutes in the pan and then transfer bread to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Glaze bread when it’s warm or cooled. Whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth and drizzle over bread.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.