Blackberry Cheesecake Pie
Blackberry Pie Filling
- 1 pint (6 oz) fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (10 full size crackers)
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 packages ( 8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 2 large eggs
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Add blackberries, water, sugar, and salt to a saucepan over medium heat. Once berries begin to pop and release juices, turn heat to low.
- Whisk together cornstarch and lemon juice to make a slurry. Stir into blackberries and stir 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and pour into bowl. Let cool on counter.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 1/2-inch deep-dish pie plate with nonstick baking spray.
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press evenly on bottom and sides of prepared pie plate. Refrigerate.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add sour cream, vanilla, and flour. Mix again.
- Add eggs and mix until just combined. Do not over mix batter.
- Spread half cheesecake batter in prepared crust. Drop half blackberry filling over cheesecake and swirl gently with a butter knife.
- Spoon remaining cheesecake over top and spread out carefully. Drop remaining blackberry filling on top and swirl gently again.
- Bake 35 minutes. Remove and place on wire cooling rack for one hour.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours or until completely chilled.
- Serve with whipped cream and fresh berries, if desired.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Note: Frozen blackberries can be used if fresh berries are not available. If using frozen blackberries, no not add extra water to filling.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jocelyn Brubaker @InsideBruCrewLife.