- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled, plus more for cooking
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup plus more for garnish Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Blueberry Compote
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen thawed)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (1 lemon)
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Start with blintz batter. Combine flour, sugar and salt. Add eggs, milk and butter and whisk until no lumps remain. Let batter rest in refrigerator at least 1 hour to let gluten relax.
- While batter is chilling, make filling by whisking together cream cheese, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, powdered sugar and lemon zest.
- Prepare blueberry compote. Wash and dry blueberries. Combine blueberries, lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar in a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat. Bring to a low simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes until mixture starts to thicken. In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and water. Pour into blueberry mixture and keep simmering, stirring often, until thick.
- Assembly: Set aside a few sheets of parchment paper. To make blintzes, butter a 9-inch nonstick pan with a thin coat of butter over medium high heat. Then pour 1/4 cup of batter into pan to coat bottom. Swirl pan to coat evenly. After about a minute you will see the ends begin to curl up- your blintz is done! Do not flip. Slide blintzes onto parchment paper to allow to cool. Do not layer blintzes together or they will stick. Spread spoonful of cheese mixture towards bottom of each blintz. Fold bottom of blintz up to cover filling and then fold the sides in. Roll like a burrito.
- Add 1-tablespoon butter back to medium nonstick pan over medium high heat and cook on each side until golden brown- or about 1-2 minutes per side. Drizzle blueberry compote over blintzes and sprinkle with fresh blueberries if desired and powdered sugar for garnish.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Amy Kritzer @whatjewwannaeat.