Blueberry Custard Pie
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust shell, thawed
- 2 cups blueberries, washed and drained
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Beat in eggs, cornstarch, nutmeg, salt, and lemon juice. Mix well; gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour into prepared pie shell. Bake 10 minutes, reduce heat to 325°F and bake for 1 hour until custard is set and pie is golden.
This recipe first appeared in our Homemade Good News cookbook series, vol X, no. 3.