Blueberry Dump Cake from Scratch
- 16 ounces frozen blueberries
- 16 ounces fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon + 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour blueberries into a 2-quart casserole dish or 9 x 13-inch pan. Stir.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Pour melted butter into sugar mixture and stir until crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture over blueberries.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon over cake.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or Crème Chantilly.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.