Blueberry Lemon Pie
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine blueberries, 1 cup sugar, flour, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt; set aside.
- Place bottom crust in a 9-inch pie plate. Pour blueberry mixture into pie shell. Dot with butter. Place top crust over, flute edges, and vent. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake for 40 -50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice bubbles through steam vents.
- Cool completely before slicing to allow filling to set up.
- Slice and serve. Top with vanilla ice cream or lemon sherbert if desired.
This classic recipe first appeared in the Homemade Good News Cookbook Vol. VIII.