- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups low fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat a pancake griddle to 325°F-350°F and set aside or have handy a large nonstick pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda and set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to handle all ingredients whisk eggs and oil until smooth. Add salt, buttermilk, vanilla and sugar and whisk well.
- Add flour mixture and whisk until no lumps remain. Toss in blueberries.
- Heat a nonstick pan or use preheated pancake griddle. If desired spray the cooking surface with a little cooking spray. Using a ladle drop 1/2 cup amounts a few inches apart.
- After a few minutes when bottoms are golden flip upside down and cook until done.
- Serve with syrup and powdered confectioner’s sugar if desired.