Blueberry Pie Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
Blueberry Pie Filling
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until very light and creamy. Add 1 1/2 cups sugar and continue mixing until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla and salt and beat until very well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda and cream of tartar together and add in one step to butter mixture. Mix until dough forms. Do not over mix.
- Wrap dough tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, add blueberries, water, honey and 1/4 cup sugar to a medium and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally then remove from heat and let cool.
- Spray muffin tin with butter spray.
- Take 1 1/2 tablespoons of chilled dough and roll into ball. Use thumbs to press ball into a bowl shape and press into muffin pan. Continue until muffin pan is full.
- Bake for 6 minutes then remove from oven. Use back of spoon to make a well in each dough cup and press dough back into a cup/bowl shape.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of blueberry filling into middle of each dough cup until pan is full.
- Roll remaining dough flat and cut into thin strips. Use dough strips to make mini lattice crusts and add to top of each cookie. Sprinkle each cookie with Gold ’N Natural Turbinado Sugar.
- Bake an additional 14 minutes. Let cool completely on wire rack before removing cookies from muffin tin.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.