Bourbon and Beer Turkey Brine
- 2 gallons water
- 1 cup light beer or amber ale
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups coarse salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 orange, sliced
- 5 sprigs fresh parsley
- Using a pot large enough to hold your turkey (12-15 pounds), combine all ingredients. Stir to dissolve the salt and sugars. Add the turkey and refrigerate for 24-36 hours.
- Dry turkey with towels and cook as desired.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.