Bourbon Buttermilk Tassies
- 2 3-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 2 pinches pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on low speed until blended. Add flour and continue mixing until all ingredients are incorporated and a soft dough forms. Cover dough and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Grease a 24-count mini muffin tin with shortening. For best results, use shortening rather than a non-stick spray.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Separate into 48 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball with hands. Place 24 of 48 balls into the muffin tin, and press until base & sides are covered and a cup is formed. Set remaining 24 balls aside and use for second batch.
- To prepare filling, mix butter and sugar with electric mixer on low speed. Add remaining ingredients - except pumpkin pie spice- and mix until well blended.
- Pour half of batter, evenly, into 24 prepared tassie cups. (Refrigerate extra batter until ready for use.) Dust the tops of each tassie with a little sprinkling of pumpkin pie spice.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool in pan 5 minutes before removing.
- When first batch of tassies are cooled and removed, re-grease muffin tin and add remaining batter. Bake as directed.
Recipe created by Heather at TotallyTailgates.com. This Bourbon Buttermilk Tassies recipe was awarded 1st Runner Up in the Dixie Crystals “Sweet and Southern Recipe Contests” at Blog Life University 2016.