Brandied Peaches & Ricotta Cheese Parfait
- In a medium bowl combine ricotta cheese, vanilla extract and 1/4 cup sugar. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Add sliced peaches, lemon juice and brandy to a mixing bowl. Toss to combine and set aside while making caramel.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar and butter in a nonstick 9-inch skillet and cook over medium-low flame, stirring occasionally, until melted and starts to thicken, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat for few seconds while adding peach mixture. Be careful, as soon as you add the lemon brandy juice, caramel will bubble and immediately harden. Do not panic!
- Return skillet to the stove and continue to cook, swirling pan from time to time, for an additional 7-8 minutes until caramel is dissolved and peaches are tender. Turn off the stove and let peach mixture cool down.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese on the bottom of 3 parfait glasses.
- Top with 2-3 generous tablespoons of peach mixture.
- Repeat with another layer of ricotta cheese and remaining peaches.
- Serve immediately.
Dixie Crystals Insight
*Note - the recipe can easily be doubled. Just cook the peaches in batches.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Roxana Yawgel at a TrEATS Affair.