Broken Window Glass Bars
- 1 box (6 oz) strawberry gelatin
- 1 box (6 oz) lime gelatin
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water, divided
Vanilla Wafer Crust
- 1 box (11 oz) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tub (8 oz) whipped topping, thawed
- In a medium bowl, whisk together strawberry gelatin and 1 1/4 cups boiling water. Whisk for 3 minutes or until dissolved.
- Pour into loaf pan or pie dish and chill 4 hours or until firm.
- Repeat same process for lime gelatin and pour into a separate loaf pan or pie dish. Chill 4 hours or until firm.
- Once both gelatins are firm, start on crust.
- In a bowl combine crushed vanilla wafers, sugar, and melted butter.
- Mix well until crumbs have consistency of wet sand. Press crumbs firmly into bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Add unflavored gelatin to a bowl with 1/4 cup cold water. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Boil pineapple juice, remove from heat and whisk in unflavored gelatin mixture until dissolved.
- Let pineapple juice cool.
- Once cool, stir thawed whipped topping into pineapple juice.
- Remove both gelatins from fridge and cut into small cubes.
- Toss cubes into pineapple mixture, leaving a few out for top and stir.
- Spoon mixture over vanilla wafer crust.
- Top with extra gelatin cubes.
- Chill for 4 hours before slicing to serve.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.