Brown Butter Buttercream Frosting
- In a medium heavy bottom pan, melt butter over medium heat, stirring constantly until butter turns a light caramel color and has a nutty and toasty aroma. Remove pan from heat. Carefully pour butter into a separate bowl to stop it from cooking further.
- Allow brown butter to solidify. Do not refrigerate.
- Transfer brown butter to mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until light in color and fluffy.
- Slowly incorporate powdered sugar. Beat until well combined.
- Add vanilla extract and slowly incorporate cream. Beat until well combined.
- You can make brown butter in advance. Bring to room temperature prior to mixing.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Paula Jones @bellalimento.