Brown Sugar Dry Rub
- 1/4 cup kosher salt, finely ground
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 3 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 5 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons cayenne
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Pat pork or chicken dry. Sprinkle rub generously over meat making sure all sides are coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for one hour up to 24 hours.
- Remove meat from refrigerator 15 minutes prior to cooking.
- Rub can be stored in an airtight container until ready to use.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.