Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- 1 pound carrots
- Pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- Optional: 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- Optional: Finely chopped parsley
- Peel and cut carrots into 1/4-inch slices.
- Fill a saucepan with about 1 inch of water. Add pinch of salt and carrots, cover and bring to a boil.
- Cook carrots until almost tender, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan melt butter, brown sugar, salt, and orange zest and bring to a boil while stirring. The mixture may appear dry but once combined with the carrots it will be perfect. Remove from heat.
- Remove water from carrots and add sugar mixture. Stir and return to heat for a few minutes until carrots are well glazed. Serve with parsley if desired.