Brown Sugar Toffee Cookies
- 2 cups (250 grams or 8.8 oz) all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 oz) English toffee bits, such as Heath (1 1/3 cups)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat butter, cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. On low speed, gradually add flour mixture and beat until combined. Stir in toffee bits with a rubber spatula.
- Scoop out 2-tablespoon sized balls of dough and place on prepared baking sheets. Flatten dough slightly with palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies are set and begin to brown. Let cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes before removing to cooling racks to cool completely. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Tessa Arias @HandletheHeat.