Brownie Cherry Jubilee Coupe
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 (12 oz) bag chocolate chips, 42-50% cocoa
- 4 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces or pecan pieces
Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 340°F. Line an 11x8-inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cut butter in cubes and place in a bowl along with chocolate. Melt on low in a microwave oven or set the bowl over barely simmering water while constantly stirring. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs until well blended. Add sugar and whisk vigorously for 1 minute until well combined. Add melted chocolate along with salt and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add flour mixture and stir to combine. Add nuts.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Place in oven and bake until center of brownies feels slightly firm when pressed with a finger, about 37 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare ice cream. Bring to a boil milk, sugar, and salt and remove from heat. Add whipping cream and vanilla and place mixture in freezer for nearly an hour or until very cold. Pour into an ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Defrost cherries and retain 1/3 – 1/2 cup juice. Add sugar to juice and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add cherries. Set aside.
- To serve: Cut warm or cold brownies in desired sizes and place in a serving bowl. Heat cherries until hot and pour several spoonfuls over brownies including some juice. Add a scoop of ice cream, fresh cherries, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and serve.