- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 ounce chocolate syrup
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, combine diced butter, sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Stir mixture and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Let chocolate mixture cool slightly. When chocolate mixture has cooled a bit, stir in vanilla and salt. Stir in eggs.
- Mix in flour until completely incorporated, stir in chocolate syrup.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until done. Don’t over bake or they’ll be dry.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream butter and cream cheese together.
- Carefully mix in powdered sugar. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Spoon 1/2 of frosting into a bowl and set aside.
- Add unsweetened cocoa powder to remaining frosting and mix well.
- Spoon frosting into a piping bag fitted with 1M piping tip; vanilla frosting on one side of bag and chocolate frosting on the other.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
- Sprinkle cupcakes with mini chocolate chips.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.