Brownie in a Mug
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Add oil, water, vanilla, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and flour into a large mug. Using a small whisk or spoon mix until smooth, about 30 strokes. Make sure to get into edges of mug to ensure no pockets of dry ingredients remain.
- Stir in chocolate chips and microwave for 90 seconds.
- Optional - top with more chocolate chips, ice cream, whipped cream, or a dusting of powdered sugar.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Use a large mug, 12-14 ounces or larger. A smaller mug will not cook evenly in the microwave.