- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7/8 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate (50-55% cocoa mass content)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces (optional)
Toppings for 6 sundaes
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 320°F. For easy removal from pan, line parchment paper on bottom and sides of an 8 X 8-inch square pan. Alternatively, spread melted butter on bottom and sides.
- Sift together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a saucepan large enough to hold all ingredients, combine butter and brown sugar. Stir until butter is melted. Remove from heat and stir in salt and chocolate. Return on low heat only if necessary to melt all chocolate; however, if doing so make sure that mixture does not go above lukewarm temperature. Remove from heat.
- Rapidly stir in eggs until well blended.
- Add flour mixture and stir to combine. Add pecans if using.
- Spread batter into pan and bake until center of brownies feels slightly firm when pressed with a finger, about 27 minutes.
- Once cool enough remove from pan and cut in 12 squares.
- When ready to make sundaes, in a cold bowl whip cream, sugar, and vanilla to firm peaks.
- Place a brownie in a serving bowl. If desired, brownies can be briefly heated in a microwave oven. Add ice cream and whipped cream, and serve with warm chocolate sauce.
- Decorate with sprinkles and cherries.