- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 4 large eggs
- 1 quart oil to fry (coconut oil, corn oil, peanut or vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup Cinnamon Sugar (half of linked recipe)
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Sift flour and set aside.
- In a saucepan bring to boil milk, salt, vanilla, lemon zest, sugar and butter. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 1 minute.
- Add flour and stir vigorously using a firm spatula until well combined.
- Stir in 1 egg and stir well until the egg is completely incorporated and dough is smooth.
- Repeat with the remaining eggs, one at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated.
- Heat oil to 375°F. Carefully drop generous tablespoon amounts of dough in hot oil and allow them to float to the surface. Once well golden turn upside down. Remove from oil when both sides are golden.
- Place on paper towel and toss into cinnamon sugar. Serve warm.
Who does not like warm buñuelos tossed in cinnamon sugar? Good thing that they are very easy and quick to make! If desired serve these with honey or substitute powdered sugar for the topping.