- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 quart oil to fry (coconut oil, corn oil, peanut or vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup Cinnamon Sugar (half of linked recipe)
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Sift flour and set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring to boil milk, salt, vanilla, lemon zest, sugar, and butter.
- Add flour and stir vigorously using a firm spatula until well combined.
- Move dough to a stand mixer. On medium speed, add 1 egg and stir until egg is completely incorporated and dough is smooth.
- Repeat with remaining eggs, one at a time, waiting for previously added egg to be fully incorporated.
- Heat oil to 375°F. Carefully drop generous tablespoon amounts of dough in hot oil and allow them to float to the surface. Once well golden, turn upside down. Remove from oil when both sides are golden.
- Place on paper towel and toss into cinnamon sugar. Serve warm.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments