- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or oil
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Sift together flour, corn starch, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients whisk eggs until completely combined. Add sugar and salt and whisk for at least 2 minutes to combine well.
- Add water, evaporated milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter.
- Waffles will be best if batter is refrigerated for at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Re-whisk batter.
- Using a pastry brush, coat iron with a thin layer of oil or melted butter.
- Using a ladle, quickly fill bottom bubbles, a small amount of batter should spill to other bubbles so they connect.
- Close iron and bake for 90 seconds. Flip iron over and cook another minute.
- If using as a cone, roll Bubble Waffle while still warm and wrap with parchment paper or place in a coned-shaped water cup to keep everything together.
- If serving as a flat waffle, serve warm and top with fruit, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, or maple syrup.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments