Buddy the Elf Breakfast Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Christmas sprinkles
- 1/2 cup mini red and green M&M candies
- 1/2 cup dehydrated mini mallow bits
- 2 chocolate Pop Tarts, coarsely chopped
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and maple extract until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each egg. Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Stir in sprinkles, M&M® candies, mallow bits, and chopped Pop Tarts.
- Drop cookies by heaping tablespoon onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes just until the cookies start to brown at the edges.
- Remove cookies from the oven and, if desired, decorate tops of cookies with an additional few M&M candies and a pinch of sprinkles. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Kelley Epstein @Mountain Mama Cooks.