Butter Flake Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk, cold
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt into mixing bowl. Grate very cold butter onto large eyes of a box grater directly into flour mixture.
- Using a paddle attachment, mix on medium speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat eggs and milk together, then add to dough and mix until it just starts to form together. Do not over mix!
- Remove from bowl and gently press dough together to make it better combined. Roll dough on a lightly floured surface about 1/2-inch thick. Using a biscuit cutter, cut very close together minimizing waste. Place on a parchment-lined or buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake until pale golden, about 12-14 minutes, baking time will depend on thickness of biscuits.
These biscuits are made with eggs and have a fuller flavor and a different texture than regular biscuits.