Butter Pecan Ice Cream Pie
Pecan Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk or heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 quarts butter pecan ice cream, slightly softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, pecans, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Add melted butter, mixing until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press into 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake crust for 8-10 minutes to set. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix brown sugar, corn syrup, water, butter, and salt together until butter is melted.
- Bring mixture to a boil, do not stir, and let it cook until it reaches 236°F (soft ball stage).
- Remove from heat and stir in evaporated milk and vanilla.
- Pour into a heatproof jar and set aside to cool completely.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add chopped pecans and toast for 3-5 minutes until fragrant. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Spoon half of ice cream into cooled crust. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of butterscotch sauce. Sprinkle with half of buttered pecans. Spoon remaining ice cream on top and press into an even layer.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 12 hours.
- Remove plastic wrap and drizzle with additional 1/4 cup of butterscotch sauce. Sprinkle with remaining buttered pecans.
- Let pie stand for 5 minutes to soften slightly before slicing and serving.
There will be more butterscotch sauce than needed for the pie itself. Leftovers can be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.