ButterBeer Hot Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- For whipped cream, in bowl of a mixer add heavy cream and sugar. Whip on medium high until stiff peaks form. Mix in vanilla.
- For hot chocolate, add sugar, whole milk, butterscotch chips, and semi-sweet chocolate chips to a medium saucepan.
- Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Heat until butterscotch and chocolate is melted and hot chocolate starts to simmer.
- Do not let it burn or boil! Add in butter and stir until melted.
- Pour hot chocolate into mugs. Top with whipped cream and butterscotch sauce drizzle.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.