Butterscotch Pecan Bread Pudding
- 1 pound day-old French bread
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/4 cups butterscotch chips, divided
- 1 3/4 cups chopped pecans, divided
- Butterscotch Sauce
- Vanilla Bean Frozen Custard
- Heat oven to 325°F. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes. Place on sheet tray to dry out while preparing egg mixture.
- Heat milk and brown sugar in medium saucepan until warm and sugar is dissolved, but not boiling. Crack eggs into large bowl and whisk with granulated sugar.
- Slowly stream milk into eggs whisking constantly. Gently whisk in heavy cream, vanilla extract, and melted butter. Place bread cubes into mixture and allow to soak for 20 minutes.
- Gently stir 1 cup butterscotch chips and 1 1/2 cups pecans into bread mixture and pour into prepared baking pan. Top with remaining butterscotch chips and pecans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until egg mixture is completely cooked. Let sit while preparing butterscotch sauce. Serve bread pudding, topped with vanilla ice cream, butterscotch sauce and toasted pecans.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed by Terri Truscello Miller @LoveandConfections.