Butterscotch Pecan Pie
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1 + 1/3 cups chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour*
- 2/3 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees.
- When your dough is made and is properly chilled, put a skillet or pan over medium-low heat. Add your pecans and toast for 2-5 minutes, or until they just begin to deepen in color and are fragrant. Be careful, pecans burn very quickly.
- Let these cool and melt your butter in microwave and allow it to cool for a minute. (We’re using eggs and we don’t want hot pecans or butter to cook them.)
- Combine melted butter, pecans, flour, brown sugar, maple syrup, salt ,and vanilla in a bowl. Mix well.
- Crack and whisk your eggs in a small bowl and pour them into pecan mixture. Lastly, add butterscotch chips.
- If your pie dough isn’t pressed into your pie dish, do so now. Then, pour pecan pie mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- Let it bake for 45-55 minutes and remove it when filling is set and puffy, or it doesn’t look too wet or jiggly in middle.
- Allow pie to cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Allie Doran @Miss Allie’s Kitchen.