Candied Bacon and Bourbon “Pigskin Fizz”
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Line bacon on parchment and sprinkle with brown sugar and chili powder. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crispy. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Reserve 2 small pieces of bacon for garnish.
- In shaker, place 4 remaining bacon slices and bourbon. Shake vigorously. Allow to steep for 10 minutes. Add lemon juice and simple syrup and shake again.
- Fill two glasses with ice. Pour steeped bourbon over ice, top with ginger beer. Garnish with candied bacon. Serve immediately.
- Note: Bacon can be candied in advance, and bourbon can be steeped in advance as well, as long as overnight. Add additional ingredients when ready to serve.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.