- Cut pumpkin in half; remove stringy flesh and seeds. Cut pumpkin into 1-inch cubes (may remove skin or leave on). Place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 15 uncovered minutes or until tender.
- Remove pumpkin with a slotted spoon reserving water.
- Measure 1-1/2 cups pumpkin water into saucepan. Add brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Bring to a boil and reduce heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add back pumpkin; simmer for 15-20 minutes or until syrup thickens.
- Serve pumpkin with milk or cream, if desired.