Caramel Cream Cupcakes
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Into bowl of mixer, cream together sugar and butter.
- In a medium bowl add milk, egg whites, vanilla extract. Mix together with fork.
- In a separate medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Use stand mixer to gradually and alternately add wet ingredients and dry ingredients. Mix together until well combined.
- Equally divide batter between cupcake liners.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool on rack.
- Take half of frosting and place into a small bowl. Add 1/4 cup of caramel sauce. Mix together. Transfer mixture to piping bag.
- Insert piping tip into top of cupcake. Gently squeeze and pipe a small amount of mixture into each cupcake. When filling is visible on top of cupcake it is sufficient.
- Frost cupcakes with remaining frosting and drizzle each with desired amount of caramel sauce.
- TIP: top each cupcake with a soft caramel candy for garnish.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Paula Jones @bellalimento.