Caramel Oreo Pie
- 36 Oreo® Cookies (1“Family Size” package)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cups Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces dark chocolate (about 1 1/4 cups)
- To prepare the crust, crush the Oreos into fine crumbs.
- Mix Oreo crumbs and melted butter together until mixture sticks together in clumps.
- Firmly press mixture into a 9-inch pie dish. Freeze for 10 minutes while preparing filling and ganache.
- For caramel filling, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and whisk in brown sugar. Whisk continually until mixture starts to bubble.
- Once mixture is bubbling, set a timer for 1 minute and continue to stir constantly.
- At 1 minute timer, add heavy cream and salt and return to a bubble. Once it begins to bubble (this should be pretty quick), set a timer for 1 minute. Continue to stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and switch from whisk to a rubber spatula. Continue to stir constantly for a few minutes, scraping sides and bottom of pan well as you stir. The mixture will cool and thicken slightly.
- Pour caramel into pie crust and return to the freezer for an hour.
- For ganache, over medium-low heat, mix together heavy cream and chocolate until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Remove pie from freezer and spread ganache over top. Let chill for at least another hour before cutting and serving. The longer it chills, the easier it will be to cut and serve.
- Keep refrigerated.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Ashton Swank @keatseats.
Oreo© Mondeléz International 2020. All rights reserved.