Caramelized Onions & Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced into short ribbons
- 4 tablespoons, divided Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Ground pepper to taste
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Lower to medium heat and sauté until onions just begin to brown.
- Add sugar snap peas, pepper flakes, remaining sugar and ground pepper and sauté 4 or 5 minutes more just until the color turns bright green and the peas are crisp tender.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.