- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 16 ounces roasted, salted cashews
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Sea salt
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. (Tip - tape down parchment paper or use a bit of softened butter to “glue” parchment paper to baking sheet.) Set aside.
- Add sugar and water to a medium saucepan.
- Heat on medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add light corn syrup and butter. Stir until combined and butter is melted.
- Heat on medium heat, stir occasionally until mixture reaches 250°F on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in cashews.
- Heat on medium heat, stirring occasionally, so cashews don’t burn.
- Heat until mixture reaches 300°F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- Quickly spread into a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let sit until hardened. Break into pieces.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.