Cheddar, Chive & Corn Beer Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) melted unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz bottle) beer, pilsner preferred
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9” x 5” loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Add 1 cup of cheese, corn and chives. Stir to combine.
- To flour mixture add beer and 3 tablespoons of butter and stir until dough begins to form.
- Evenly spoon the batter into prepared loaf pan. Drizzle remaining tablespoon of melted butter on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese and a pinch of salt.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Carefully remove bread from the loaf pan and set on a cooling rack to cool. Slice and serve.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Meredith Steele @InSockMonkeySlippers.