- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 large egg, divided
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 1 package (18 oz) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- Raspberries for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside. Combine cream cheese, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, egg yolk, granulated sugar, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Stir until smooth and mixed well. Set aside.
- Dust working surface and rolling pin with flour. Roll out 1 puff pastry sheet to a 12 x 12-inch square. Cut square into 4 smaller, 6-inch squares. Repeat with second sheet of puff pastry dough.
- Brush edges of one square with egg white and fold in corners towards center to form a smaller square. Gently press corners in center of square and arrange on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with rest of dough squares arranging on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture and place on center of each square. Brush exposed puff pastry dough around cream cheese center with egg white.
- Bake for 22-25 or until puff pastry is golden. Remove from heat and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Combine powdered sugar, milk and remaining vanilla in a medium bowl. Whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Place cooling racks with danishes on baking tray. Place 3 raspberries on center of each danish. Drizzle each danish generously with glaze, let set for 10 minutes. Serve.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Ericka Sanchez @nibblesandfeasts.