Chef Eddy's Individual Blueberry Crisps
- Blueberry Filling
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/ 4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Fine grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Streusel Crumb Topping
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, very cold
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Defrost blueberries in microwave for a few minutes.
- Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt and add to defrosted blueberries. Add lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Scoop into ramekins (4-5 depending on size). Cover with aluminum foil and cut a hole in center.
- Place on aluminum foil lined cookie sheet (filling will bubble over and create a mess) and bake for 25 minutes, remove foil and bake until filling makes thick bubbles like honey, about 5-10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile make streusel topping: Using a grater, grate butter (as you grate cheese) onto flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt mixture. Quickly rub together until coarse meal texture is obtained.
- Evenly scatter streusel onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and place in oven until golden brown, about 13 minutes. Set aside.
- Sprinkle streusel onto baked blueberry filling and serve.
Serve warm and top with homemade vanilla ice cream or sprinkle with powdered sugar.