Cherry Cheesecake Popsicles
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs, whisked together
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cherry extract
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 6 graham cracker squares, crushed
- In medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, corn starch, salt, and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Cook over medium-high heat while whisking occasionally, about 2 minutes or until hot and foamy.
- Reduce to simmer, cook for 2 minutes, whisking occasionally. Don’t let bottom stick/burn.
- In a separate bowl, carefully remove 1/2 cup liquid from saucepan and slowly combine with eggs, whisking continuously.
- Whisk well, slowly add egg mixture back to saucepan.
- Place back on heat, simmer, and whisk for 8 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in cream cheese until smooth.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
- Whisk in butter and cherry extract, whisk until butter is melted.
- Fold in thawed frozen whipped topping until smooth.
- Add cherry pie filling to a bowl and mash with fork.
- Scoop 2 cups pudding mixture into cherry pie filling and mix.
- Spoon cherry mixture into a piping bag.
- Spoon remaining cheesecake mixture into a separate piping bag.
- Snip end of both bags.
- Add a bit of cheesecake mixture to popsicle molds and tap down.
- Add some cherry mixture to popsicle molds and tap down.
- Add more cheesecake mixture to fill mold and tap down.
- Use a knife or skewer to lightly swirl cheesecake and cherry mixture together.
- Sprinkle bottoms with crushed graham crackers.
- Add popsicle sticks and freeze 8 hours or overnight until frozen.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.