Cherry Cheesecake Sour Cream Waffles
- Sour Cream Waffles
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola or safflower oil
- Cherry Sauce
- 1 can (16 oz) tart cherries, packed in water, drained (reserve juice)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Dreamy Cream Cheese Topping
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream or yogurt
- 6 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
Sour Cream Waffles
- Stir dry ingredients together until well blended.
- Separate eggs and whisk yolks with sour cream and oil. Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir together until flour is just moistened.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff and carefully fold into batter. S
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of batter onto a greased, hot, waffle iron and cook 4-6 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately topped with Cherry Sauce and a dollop of Dreamy Cream Cheese Topping.
- Measure juice and add enough water to make one cup of liquid.
- Blend cherry juice and water with cornstarch, salt and sugar and add this back to cherries. Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat add almond extract.
Dreamy Cream Cheese Topping
- Blend ingredients until smooth and creamy. Drop by spoonful onto center of waffle and top with cherry sauce.