- Place pitted cherries, sugar, and 1 cup water in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and let cool on counter for 30 minutes.
- Place a fine wire mesh strainer over a measuring cup. Pour cherry mixture into it and press with back of spoon to push all juice through. (This should produce 2 cups cherry juice.)
- Pour 5 cups water, lemon juice, and cherry juice into a pitcher and stir. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve over ice.
- Store for up to 3 days in a refrigerator.
Dixie Crystals Insight
- For a thicker juice with pulp, pour cherry mixture into blender and puree until smooth. Stir into water and lemon juice.
- Use 5 cups sparkling water for a delicious and bubbly lemonade.
- Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jocelyn Brubaker @InsideBruCrewLife.