- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chipotle spice
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 bag (12 oz) chocolate chips, 42-50% cocoa
- 4 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces or pecan pieces
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon and chipotle and set aside.
- Cut butter in cubes and place in a bowl along with chocolate. Melt on low in a microwave or set bowl over barely simmering water while constantly stirring. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs until well blended. Add sugar and whisk vigorously for 1 minute until well combined. Add melted chocolate along with salt and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add flour mixture and stir to combine. Add nuts.
- Spread batter into a rectangular cake pan with approximate size of 11 x 8 inches.
- Place in oven and bake until center of brownies feels slightly firm when pressed with a finger, about 37 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
First I took one star off because the recipe calls for 2 oz. bag of chocolate chips; I thought 'no way that's right' and used a whole 12 oz. bag. With that change, these came out tasty and delicious so I added the star back in! They are moist and cake-like with a scrumptious flavor but I think a little chocolate frosting on top would add the ultimate chocolate gooiness!!