Chocoflan Impossible Cake
- 1 cup cajeta or dulce de leche
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 can (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 ounce0 evaporated milk
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cajeta or dulce de leche
- Chopped or sliced nuts
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a 10 cup Bundt pan generously with cooking spray and coat bottom of pan with cajeta or dulce de leche. Set aside.
- Cake: With an electric mixer or stand mixer blend butter with sugar until it’s light and fluffy, almost white. Whisk in eggs, one at time until well incorporated.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and cocoa and slowly add to creamed sugar. Mix in orange juice and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Pour cake batter into Bundt pan on top of cajeta or dulce de leche.
- Flan: In a blender, add all ingredients and blend well. Pour flan batter carefully over cake batter.
- Place a larger cake pan or baking dish in oven and add about 1 inch of water. Then place Bundt pan in water bath. Bake for about 70 – 90 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool for an hour. When you are ready to serve run a knife around edges of Bundt pan, invert a large rimmed serving dish over Bundt pan, grasp tightly and flip. Sprinkle with pecans and serve alongside additional cajeta or dulce de leche.
- Note: Store leftovers in fridge for up to 3 days.
Dixie Crystals Insight
NOTE: The flan layer will rise to the top of the cake during baking.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Vianney Rodriguez @sweetlifebake.com
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments