Chocolate Bon Bon Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 24 Hershey’s Hugs
- 3/4 cup white chocolate melting wafers
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with a Silpat® or parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg and extracts. Mix again.
- Add salt, flour, and cocoa powder. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Cut dough ball in 24 even pieces. Place a hug (or kiss) in center of dough and close around it. Roll into a ball and place on baking sheet. Repeat with rest of dough.
- Place pan in oven and bake 10-11 minutes. Remove and cool on wire rack.
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions. Dip tops of cookies in melted chocolate and top with sprinkles. Let set before serving or storing.
Fun fact: The term "bon bon" comes from the French word "bon," meaning "good." Bonbons have been popular in Europe for centuries and are now enjoyed all over the world in a variety of forms.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jocelyn Brubaker @InsideBruCrewLife.