Chocolate Bunny Dirt Cake
- 1 (19.1 oz/or “family size”) package chocolate sandwich cookies, such as Oreo
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 (16 oz) container whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3.9 oz) packages white chocolate or vanilla Instant pudding
- 3 cups milk
- Small chocolate bunny candies
- Shredded coconut
- Green sprinkles
- Jelly beans
- Chocolate eggs
- Crush 2/3 of cookies (filling and all). Place crumbs into bottom of a 9x13-inch dish. Set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together cream cheese and butter on medium speed until smooth. Add in powdered sugar, mixing for an additional minute until combined, scraping sides of bowl as necessary. Fold in whipped topping and set aside.
- In a large bowl, vigorously whisk together dry pudding mix and milk for 1-2 minutes until thickened. Gently stir pudding mixture into cream cheese mixture until evenly incorporated.
- Spread mixture on top of crushed cookies.
- Crush remaining cookies and spread evenly over the top. Cover and chill for 3 hours, or overnight.
- When completely chilled, decorate as desired.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Dixie Crystals Insight
- To crush the cookies you can use a food processor or blender. Or you can place the cookies in a large zip-top bag and use a rolling pin to crush.
- Alternately, you can use any type of candy to decorate your cake, ie- gummy worms, flowers, etc.
- You can also use flavored cookie sandwiches if you would like to easily change it up, for example, mint sandwich cookies, or peanut butter sandwich cookies to name a few.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.