Chocolate Cheesecake Filled Strawberries
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, medium sized
- In a small bowl, microwave mini chocolate chips on 50% power for 1 minute. The chips might not look melted. Remove from the microwave and stir until completely smooth. Set aside to cool.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese for a few minutes until smooth and fluffy with no lumps. Add powdered sugar, cocoa, vanilla, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping down the bowl as necessary.
- Add the cooled melted chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Prep the strawberries by slicing off a sliver of the bottom so the berries stand upright. Slice off the top and use a paring knife or huller to remove the middle of each berry.
- Place chocolate cheesecake mixture into a piping fitted with a star tip. Pipe into each strawberry and on top. Refrigerate strawberries for at least one hour before serving. Best enjoyed the same day.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.