Chocolate Cherry Banana Muffins
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups* + 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup halved and pitted fresh cherries
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Whisk together baking soda, baking powder, salt and 1 1/2 cups flour until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, gently toss together cherries and chocolate chips with the remaining 1 tablespoon flour until coated. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add bananas, sugar, egg and butter and stir together until combined. Add dry ingredient mixture and stir until combined. Gently fold in the cherry and chocolate chips mixture until just combined.
- Distribute batter between 12 baking cups either filled with paper liners or greased with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in each muffin comes out clean.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Ali Ebright @Gimme Some Oven.