Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Bars
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 cup packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup halved walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 pound cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pitted, halved fresh cherries
- 2/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper leaving about 1 inch of paper hanging over sides.
- In a food processor, add oats, flour, cocoa, baking powder, brown sugar, butter and walnuts. Pulse for a couple of minutes until mixture comes together in pea size crumbs.
- Divide mixture in two. Press half of chocolate mixture in bottom of prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 15-20 minutes before making the cheesecake filling. Crumble second half on a baking sheet and place in freezer until needed.
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese and granulated sugar. With paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until smooth.
- Add almond extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon cheese mixture over chocolate crust evenly. Scatter cherries and chocolate chips on top of cheese layer. Remove reserved chocolate crumbs from freezer and sprinkle evenly over dessert.
- Bake in preheated oven for 27-29 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Lift from pan with parchment paper and cut into bars.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Roxana Yawgel at a TrEATS Affair.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments