Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosting
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour* (microwaved for 90 seconds then cooled to kill any bacteria)
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Beat butter until light and fluffy. Add brown sugar, vanilla, milk and salt and mix on medium speed for 10 minutes. (Mixing for at least this length of time will dissolve brown sugar crystals better and make icing smoother.)
- On low speed, add flour all at once and mix until combined. Add chocolate chips and mix smooth.
- Using a spatula spread frosting on surface of cupcakes or cake. (Or eat directly from the spatula!)