Chocolate Chip Waffles
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer instructions.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs, butter, vanilla, and milk until well blended and smooth.
- Slowly add flour mixture and stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Once waffle iron is hot, spray with non-stick spray, and add waffle batter. cook until golden.
- Serve hot with maple syrup, fruit, or whipped cream.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.